Personal Payments have arrived at State Bank of Countryside! Introducing Popmoney, now you can send money anywhere in the U.S. from your Smartphone or iPad, as well as online. Pay for your share of the tab at dinner...send money to your child at college...you can even use it to pay your babysitter. It's that simple.
Did someone send you money?
If you're a State Bank of Countryside customer, login to SBC Internet Banking or Mobile Banking, and then click on the "Payments" tab and select Popmoney. If you're a non-customer, visit Popmoney to receive your money.
What is Popmoney?
Popmoney is an innovative personal payment service that eliminates the hassles of checks and cash. You can send money to – or receive money from – friends, family or almost anyone in the United States. All you need is their name and email address or mobile number to move money from your bank account to theirs.
What can I use it for?
Popmoney is easy and convenient. The recipient simply accepts the money in their eligible account online at their bank (if it's a member of the Popmoney network) or at popmoney.com, saving them a trip to the bank.
- Pay rent to your landlord or roommates
- Send money to your child at college, quick and easy
- Send a gift to family and friends
- Pay back friends for a fun outing such as dinner or a concert
- Pay your babysitter or lawn care service
How Does it Work?
Popmoney works through SBC Internet Banking, using the same systems and security you rely on today. It's available online and you can send money to anyone who has a bank account in the United States.
How do I send money?
To send money, log in to your SBC Internet Banking and click on Bill Payment, then select Popmoney. Send money to anyone using their email address or bank account information. You will be notified when the transaction is completed. To send money, you'll need ONE of the following:
1. Recipient's bank account number and routing number - This is the fastest and easiest way for recipients to receive your Popmoney payment. Your money will be deposited directly to the recipient's bank account, and you also have the option to request an email notification for your recipient.
- OR -
2. Recipient's email address - If you choose this option, the recipient will receive an email with instructions on how to direct the payment into his/her bank account.
- OR -
3. Recipient's mobile phone number - With this option, the recipient will receive a text message with instructions on how to direct the payment into his/her bank account.
We strongly recommend that you notify your recipient to expect a payment notification from State Bank of Countryside via email or text.
How much money can I send?
You can view your personal transaction limits within the Popmoney service in SBC Internet Banking. While setting up a Popmoney payment, select the "From" and "To" details under Payment Information. Then click the "?" icon that appears next to the Amount field to view your limits. If you exceed the Next Day Service limits, your payment will be sent using the Standard Delivery or 3-Day Service.
When will the recipient receive the funds?
For Next Day Service payments, the recipient will receive the funds one business day after accepting the payment. For Standard Delivery or 3-Day Service payments, the recipient will receive the funds three business days after accepting the payment. To help you track your payments, simply click "Activity" to view the current status of all your payments.
How do I receive money?
When someone sends money to you, you will receive an email or text message. You can log in to your SBC Internet Banking Account to manage your money, under Popmoney Preferences.
If the recipient does not provide their account information, the payment will be automatically returned to the sender's account. Money sent directly to a bank account will be automatically deposited. No action is required by the recipient.
If you do not bank with SBC, visit Popmoney to set up an account.
How much does Popmoney cost?
We believe in the value of electronic banking, so there is no charge to send or receive funds through Popmoney.
How do I enroll in Popmoney?
If you are enrolled in SBC Billpay, you are automatically enrolled in our free Popmoney service.