SBC Mobile Deposit
Depositing checks is now easier than ever with SBC Mobile Deposit! Available through the SBC Mobile Banking App, this free service allows you to deposit checks into any personal account by taking a picture of it on your smartphone. It can be used 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is just as safe as coming to the Bank!
- Free service
- Take pictures of your check and it will be deposited into your personal SBC account
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Multiple layers of security to protect your information
What is the SBC Mobile Deposit?
SBC Mobile Deposit allows you to deposit a check directly into your eligible personal SBC Account(s) by taking a picture of a check using your mobile smartphone. SBC Mobile Deposit is a feature of our SBC Mobile Banking App.
Is the service available 24/7?
Yes, SBC Mobile Deposit can be used 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Deposits made on a business day via SBC Mobile Deposit before 6:00 PM Central Time are considered deposited on the current business day. Deposits made after 6:00 PM Central Time will be considered deposited the next business day. A business day is Monday through Friday, excluding Federal holidays.
What steps have been taken for security?
In addition to login ID and password, we use multiple security layers, including advanced encryption. For your added security, passwords and actual check deposit records or images are not stored on your mobile device.
Store your original checks in a safe place after depositing.
- Endorse the back of each check FOR MOBILE DEPOSIT ONLY, SBC Account #__________.
- Securely destroy each original check after it posts to your account.
Applying for SBC Mobile Deposit
Who is eligible for the service?
The SBC Mobile Deposit Service is subject to certain eligibility requirements, and enrollment is not guaranteed. In addition, certain account types are not eligible, such as Business Accounts, except for sole proprietorship accounts.
Do I need to apply for the SBC Mobile Deposit Service?
Yes. You must apply and be approved for enrollment prior to using SBC's Mobile Deposit service. Click here to Apply.
Do I need to be a SBC Mobile Banking customer to use the SBC Mobile Deposit Service?
Yes, and downloading the SBC Mobile Banking App is convenient and simple. For iPhone® and Android™ smart phones, simply search for "State Bank of Countryside" in Apple App Store or Google Play store, then download the App. Please log into the app using your SBC Internet Banking user name and password.
How long will it take for my application to be processed?
You will be sent an email notification of your enrollment status within two business days.
When can I start using the SBC Mobile Deposit Service?
You will be notified via email when your SBC Mobile Deposit request has been approved. In SBC Mobile Banking, select the "Deposits" button.
Are all types of checks eligible for this service?
Checks must be issued by a U.S. bank in U.S. dollars. You may use the SBC Mobile Deposit Service to deposit original paper checks that are made payable to the name of the account holder. Listed below are some checks that are not eligible for this service:
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than you.
- Checks payable to a business.
- Checks stamped with a "non-negotiable" watermark
- Checks that are issued to multiple parties other than joint account holders
- Checks containing any alteration of which you know or should have known or believe to be fraudulent or not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn.
- Any Checks that are not in original form with a signature, such as substitute checks or remotely created checks.
- Checks that are postdated, display a future date.
- Checks written off an account at a financial institution located outside the United States.
- Checks not payable in United States currency.
- Checks that are otherwise not acceptable under the terms of your Bank account
- United States Savings Bonds
PLEASE NOTE: Any Check that you attempt to deposit using Mobile Deposit is subject to verification by us. We may reject an item for deposit for any reason and will not be liable to you. In such a case, you will need to deposit the item using other means, such as visiting one of our branches.
How do I use the SBC Mobile Deposit Service?
- Sign in to SBC Mobile Banking
- Choose the Deposits Option
- Click on New Deposit
- Choose an account, if you have multiple accounts
- Enter the amount of your check and hit continue
- You will be prompted to take a picture/capture the front of your check. Make sure your check is clearly visible and include all four corners of the check. Take a picture of your check. If the image is clear, click on Use Photo
- Repeat the process to capture the back of your check and if the image is clear, click on Use Photo
- Please confirm your deposit details and if everything is correct, choose Yes to deposit your check
- If there was a problem with your deposit/image, you will see the result Deposit Failed and you will need to attempt your deposit again
- If your deposit did not have any image issues, you will see the result Deposit Pending. Your deposit will be reviewed.
How long does it take to submit a check deposit?
A check deposit only takes a few minutes and you will know immediately if your check was submitted successfully and in a Pending Status. A successful submission does not guarantee deposit. Pending deposits made with ineligible checks may be Failed during the Review process. You should not assume that your deposit will post to your account until you see that your deposit has been Accepted, under the View Deposit History Option in Mobile Banking.
May I deposit more than one check?
You can only submit one check deposit at a time and each check is considered a separate deposit. However, you can make multiple deposits in a single mobile session, but the total deposit amount cannot exceed the per item or daily deposit limits.
Is there a check limit or daily limit on how much I can deposit using this service?
Yes. There is a daily limit of $2,000 per item/$2,000 per day. If you exceed this limit, you will receive an Error message stating that 'You have exceeded the maximum amount allowed for a single deposit/daily limit.
How will I know if my check has been received and posted?
When you submit your Mobile Deposit, it will remain in a Deposit Pending Status until it's been Reviewed and Accepted. Once your mobile deposit has been Reviewed and Accepted, the status will change to Deposit Accepted. Your check will be deposited on the current business day. When your deposit has been Reviewed and Accepted, it will post to your account and will appear under the All Tab and the Accepted Tab on the Deposit History Screen in SBC Mobile Banking.
What do I do with my check after it has been posted to my account?
Mark the check as Mobile Deposit + the date of deposit, immediately after you verify that the check has posted to your account. Regularly review your deposit transactions online or on the View Deposit History Option of your mobile phone to determine when the check has posted to your account.
- If your deposit cannot be posted for some reason, SBC may ask you to redeposit the check. Please do so only if requested.
When will my funds be deposited to my account?
Deposits made via SBC Mobile Deposit must be made before 6:00 PM Central Time on a business day in order to be considered deposited on the current business day. Deposits made after 6:00 PM Central Time will be considered deposited the next business day. A business day is Monday through Friday, excluding Federal holidays. Please note that our standard hold policies apply.
How will I know if there's a problem with my deposit?
You may receive an error message on your smartphone at the time of your deposit, or you may receive an email after SBC has reviewed the deposit. If a problem arises with your deposit after it posts to your account, such as a returned check, we'll debit your account and send a Chargeback Notice to your primary address via U.S. mail.
Is there a charge for the SBC Mobile Deposit Service?
No, this service is Free.
Who do I call for help?
Please call us at 708-485-3100 if you have any questions.
Some common reasons for an Error Message or Deposit Failed Message are:
- Poor image quality. Cannot read check. Please retake the photo. Hold the camera steady and ensure all four corners are visible. The following tips may improve the image quality of your checks:
- Ensure you have a strong wireless Internet connection
- The front image/picture, including the signature, is clear
- The back image/picture, including the endorsement, is clear
- All four corners of the check are showing
- The amount of the check is clear and legible
- The lighting is strong enough to see the check details
- Your check is placed on a dark background
- The picture is taken from directly above the check
- Duplicate check. This check has already been submitted. We cannot accept it again. It is important not to attempt to deposit the same check again, whether through your mobile phone, through the mail, at any of our SBC Branches or any other bank. This problem can be avoided by writing Mobile Deposit on the check, after it has posted to your account, as indicated above. If you attempt to deposit the same check again, your Mobile Deposit privileges may be revoked.
- Endorsement. Could not find endorsement on back of check. Make sure check is endorsed correctly and retake the photo.
- Check Amount does not match Deposit Amount. The amount you entered did not match the amount detected. Please re-enter amount and retake photo.
- Ineligible check. If this occurs, you should deposit the check by mail or at a SBC Branch.
- Exceeded Single Deposit Limit. If this occurs, you should deposit the check by mail or at a SBC Branch.
- Exceeded Daily Deposit Limit. If this occurs, you should deposit the check by mail, at a SBC Branch or wait until the following business day when the daily limits reset.
- System will not accept deposit/image: If this occurs, you should deposit the check by mail or at a SBC Branch.
Deposit Unknown. For more information on this deposit, please contact customer support at 708-485-3100. Your deposit was Rejected during the Review process and it will appear under the All Tab in Mobile Banking.
For additional information, please see the SBC MOBILE DEPOSIT SERVICES AGREEMENT Terms and Conditions. In the event of a conflict between the terms or provisions of this FAQ and the terms and provisions of the SBC MOBILE DEPOSIT SERVICES AGREEMENT Terms and Conditions, the terms and provisions of the SBC MOBILE DEPOSIT SERVICES AGREEMENT Terms and Conditions will prevail.